Nayanjyoti Saikia is an Indian self-learned chef who participated as a contestant on MasterChef India season 7 in 2023.
Nayanjyoti Saikia Bio
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm|
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
His father is a farmer. The names of his mother and sister are not known.
In 2023, chef Vikas Khanna found his Instagram page and thought that he would be suitable for the show. He approached him, but Nayanjyoti’s father was hesitant to send his son to a cooking show.
Somehow, Vikas convinced him and Nayanjyoti started his journey on the show. In an interview, he said that when chef Vikas visited his home, he cooked the regional food Pithas for him which he liked a lot.
A few days before the finale episode of the show, a fan page of the show shared the photo of Nayanjyoti wearing the winner’s golden apron and holding the trophy. After the picture went viral on social media, people started assuming that he won the show.
Before entering the show, he was not confident if the judges would like his food because he was afraid that his dishes would match the standard of the show. However, the dishes he cooked on the show were chosen as the dish of the day many times.
Also read – Charu Shankar Bio
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- His hobbies include drawing and photography.
- In an interview, he said that he never attended any cooking classes and used to try new recipes from cooking books. In the interview, he further said that the first time he tried cooking, he baked a simple cake and later, he tried new frostings on the cake.
- When he used to cook, there were many ingredients that were not available in his village, so he used to cook with substitutes for them.
- His family used to taste the dishes cooked by him and give him positive reviews.
- Whenever he used to try new recipes, he used to click pictures of them and posted them on Instagram and has many followers.
- He has liked photography since childhood and had a digital camera. He also used to participate in many photography competitions. In an interview, he said that the pictures clicked by him were so beautiful that people used to think that he downloaded them from the internet. Also in the MasterChef audition, he was asked to sign a contract where it was mentioned that he and no one else clicked the pictures he had posted.
- According to him, he has never visited big restaurants because there are very less of them in his village and has learned to cook and decorate dishes through the internet.
- He is often seen drinking alcohol on his social media posts.