NVSP portal: Voter id card is one of the most important document that a person must have in India.
If a citizen of India wants to vote than they must have their voter id card.
You can apply for your voter id card using NVSP or National Voter Service Portal @nvsp.in or @voterportal.eci.gov.in.
In this article we have discussed the use of NVSP and how we can apply and download our voter id card using NVSP.
It was launched by the Central Government on National Voter’s day, 25th January, 2015.
It was launched by the Government for facilitating the acceptance of online application of voter id card, to check the status of application, to download the voter id card and if there is any correction to be made in the voter id card, we can also do the same through the NVSP Portal.
As per our constitution, right to vote is one of the fundamental right that every person attain at the age of 18. Nobody can take this right from us.
Therefore people who attains the age of18 can apply for voter id card through the NVSP Portal.
NVSP Portal Account Login
Before applying for voter id card through the NVSP Portal, one has create an account in the portal. Steps to be followed to create an account:
- Firstly you have to visit voterportal.eci.gov.in. and you will see an option of “create an account”.
- You have to create an account using your mobile number or email id. After entering your phone number, click on the option of “Get OTP”
- You will receive a six digit OTP which you have to enter and tap on “Verify”.
- After which you will be redirected to a page where you will asked to create a eight digit password. After creating a password you have enter the CAPTCHA code and tick on the terms and condition. A “Welcome” page will open. Click on the welcome button.
- You will ask to fill your details like name, gender, state and other basic things. After filling the details click on the submit button. Your account will be created in the NVSP Portal.
Steps for application of Voter ID card in NVSP Portal
For application of voter id card, the following steps must be followed:
- You have login to your account in the NVSP Portal and click on the option of “New voter registration”
- You will be redirected to page with the option of “Let’s start”
- You will be asked “whether you are applying for the first time?” and as you are applying for the first time, you have on yes and proceed. Then they will ask that whether you are citizen of India and there also click on yes. And then click on save and continue button.
- You will also have do NVSP Portal Aadhar linking for applying for the voter id card so that your address can be verified.
- After which you will asked to fill your basic details and credentials. You will also have upload the required documents. After filling it carefully, submit the application. You will get a reference number with which you can check your application status.
Form 6 : For inclusion of your name in the electoral roll, you need to fill form 6 and attach it in the NVSP Portal. In this form you have to fill details like your name, address, gender, age, date of birth and other credentials.
Form 7 : If a person want to delete a name on the death of that person’s relative than he may apply form 7 and should be addressed to the Electoral Registration Officer of the constituency.
Form 8 : For correction of anything in your voter id card, you need to fill form 8 and submit. The application should be addressed to the Electoral Registration Officer of the constituency in which the name of the applicant is already included. The name of the constituency should be mentioned in the blank space.
Also read – How to Download Digital Voter ID Card Online?
NVSP Portal application Status check
After applying for voter id card, you can check the status of your voter id card status in the NVSP Portal track status through which you can track the candidacy of the voter card.
Since every state has their own state election commission, therefore you need to visit to the official website of state election commission and follow the following procedures:
- You will find an option of “Know the voter id status”. Click on it
- After which you have to enter your reference number which you will get as soon as you complete the process of application. you will be asked the following details to verify your genuine identity
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Date Of Birth (Dob)
- Candidate’s Gender
- State Or Union Territory
- District Constituency
- Candidate’s Father’s Name0
- Lastly click on the search button and your digital voter id card status will be known.
For any queries you can call on NVSP Portal toll free number : 1800 111 950
In this world of technology, you no longer have to go to the panchayath office and wait in the queue to apply for your Digital Voter Id card in NVSP Portal You can just sit in your home and download the voter id card using your registered mobile number.
The initiative taken by the Central Government to develop a website for registration and download of digital voter id card is appreciated and it also lowers the burden of the state election commission.