Voter id card is one of the most important document that a person must have in India.
If a citizen of India wants to vote than they must have their voter id card. You can download your digital voter id card from voterportal.eci.gov.in.
Voter id card is also used as identity proof of your address, name, signature and photograph. It is also known as e-EPIC voter card.
|Name Of The Scheme||Digital Voter Id Card Download|
|Launched By||Government Of India|
|Beneficiary Name||Citizens Of India|
|Objective||To Issue the Voter Id Card In Digital Format|
Digital Voter Id Card
In order to facilitate coting right voting right, the election commission has made digital voter id card also known as elector’s photo identity card (e-EPIC) so that you can download the voter id card online incase you have lost or misplaced your original voter id card.
You can also change your address or and also apply for a duplicate id card through the help of Digital Voter id card image.
If a citizen moves to new city or state, he can now easily change his voting address online without any hindrance.
It also helps to download the voter id card in PDF version.
You can download Digital Voter id card Rajasthan, Digital Voter id card Maharasthra and Digital Voter id card Telengana using the respective state election commission website.
Digital Voter Id Card Apply
If you want to apply for Digital Voter id card then you need to follow the following steps:
- You have first login to the official page of election commission https://nvsp.in/
- If have not registered your account then you need to register it using your e-mail id and phone number otherwise you may login to your account in NVSP Portal.
- For creating the login id, some basic information needs to be given after which login id will be given.
- After login through your id, you need to provide form reference number of EPIC number. Then you need to select your state that you belong to.
- An OTP will be generated to your registered phone number and after the OTP, you will see the option to download e-EPIC, click on it.
- A PDF file will be downloaded which you can save and take a print of it for future use.
Digital Voter Id Card download App
You can download the Digital Voter Id card through voter helpline mobile app which you can get in Goggle Play store or Apple Play store.
You have install it and follow the following procedures:
- You have to enter your login id and if you don’t have one, you may create using your e-mail id and phone number
- After logging in, you need choose the option of download e-EPIX
- You will be redirected to Portal of National Voter Service
- After logging in, you need to enter reference number or EPIC number and you will an OTP in your registered mobile number.
- If you have completed your e-KYC, you will see an option of “Download e-EPIC”. Click on it and your Digital Voter id card will be downloaded. If your e-KYC is not complete, you can complete it using the app itself.
Digital Voter Id Card Registration
You can register for digital voter id on the basis of the following criteria:
- The person applying it must be a citizen of India and should be over 18 years of age.
- Persons who have valid id number and is a voter are allowed to get digital voter id card
Digital Voter id card launched
Digital Voter id card was launched on January 25 to allow voters to download e-voter card if in case they have lost their original voter id card.
It was launched by the Election Commission for getting the following benefits:
- Since it is must to have a voter id card for voting in India, therefire in case you loss your voter id card, you can download it digitally. So that you don’t loss your fundamental right to vote.
- It also serves as identity proof of address, name, signature and photo.
- A secured QR code is available in the card so as to check the legitimacy of the card.
- The size of the file is only 250 KB, therefore very small space is required in your electronic device for downloading it.
Digital Voter Id card registration
You need to have the following documents for registration of Digital voter id card:
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
For registration of Digital Voter Id the following points must be kept in mind:
- The candidate must be 18 years old and must be of sound mind. He should not have any criminal record against him.
- The candidate should also enter all the details of form 6 and attach all the documents as required in Form 6 and the document should be original.
- The process of digital voter id card must be done through official website only and no third party website has been given authorization to carry out the process of registration.
- All the information given by the applicant in form 6 must be correct and appropriate. Therefore if any of documents is find out to be false, your registration will be cancelled.
Digital Voter id card Status
Recently, an option of tracking digital voter id card status has been added in the website through which you can track the candidacy of the voter card.
Since every state has their own state election commission, therefore you need to visit to the official website of state election commission and follow the following procedures:
- You will find an option of “Know the voter id status”. Click on it
- After which you have to enter your application number or the EPIC number
- You will be asked the following details to verify your genuine identity
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Date Of Birth (Dob)
- Candidate’s Gender
- State Or Union Territory
- District Constituency
- Candidate’s Father’s Name
- Lastly click on the search button and your digital voter id card status will be known.
In this world of technology, you no longer have to go to the panchayath office and wait in the queue to apply for your Digital Voter Id card You can just sit in your home and download the coter id card using your registered mobile number.
The initiative taken by the Central Government to develop a website for registration and download of digital voter id card is appreciated and it also lowers the burden of the state election commission.