Ishitta Arun is an Indian actress, VJ, dancer, lyricist, and interior designer. She is the daughter of popular folk-pop singer Ila Arun.
Ishitta Arun was born on Friday, 14 September 1979 (age 43 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She did her schooling at Arya Vidya Mandir in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai. Ishita learnt Kathak at Shiamak Davar’s Institute of Performing Arts. Ishitta took singing classes from Ustad Maqbool Hussain.
Ishitta Arun Bio
|Date of Birth||14 September 1979 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||43 Years|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai|
|College/University||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||BA Sociology|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Baking, Doing yoga, Reading, Listening to music|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm|
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg|
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-34|
Ishitta Arun began her career as a video jockey and TV host for the B4U Music channel.
In 1982, she appeared in a TV commercial for Vicks VapoRub at the age of 3.
Ishitta has performed in theatre productions. At the age of 9, she attended a children’s theatre workshop, which was conducted by Nadira Babbar. Later, she appeared in a morning TV series titled Science Basics, which was directed by Gullan Kriplani.
At the age of 8, she appeared in a documentary, which was based on the life of famous classical singer Alla Jillai Bai.
In 1986, she appeared as Ishita Bajpayi in a television series titled Yatra, which was directed by Shyam Benegal. In 2023, she played the role of Anna in a series titled Rana Naidu.
In 1999, she made her music video debut in Sonu Nigam‘s song titled Bijuria from the album Mausam.
In 2000, she made her Tamil debut with the film Snegithiye in which she played the role of Geetha Damodar.
In 2010, she appeared as a contestant and got first runner-up position in a TV mini-series titled Dil Jeetegi Desi Girl, which aired on NDTV Imagine.
Also read – Vikas D Nahar Bio
Her father, Arun Bajpai, is a retired Indian Navy personnel. Her mother, Ila Arun, is a renowned Indian actress and scriptwriter.
On 27 May 2005, she got married to Dhruv Ghanekar, who is a music composer, songwriter, producer, and guitarist. They have two daughters, Amaala and Alaaya. Her brother-in-law, Joy Ghanekar, is an actor. Ishitta’s father-in-law, Girish Ghanekar, is a Marathi director.
- When Ishitta was studying in school, the principal of the school insisted she changes her name from Ishitta Arun to Ishitta Bajpai as her mother, Ila Arun, was popular and the school wanted to keep their identities private.
- Ishitta learnt choreography from Saroj Khan for the song Bijuriya.
- In an interview, Arun said that she has been writing a lot for Ghanekar’s advertising campaigns for many years.
- In an interview, Ishitta revealed that the first four lines of the lullaby she wrote for the film Dhaakad (2022) were actually from the lullaby that her grandmother used to sing to her when she was a child.
- In an Instagram post, while talking about her father, Ishitta revealed that it was her father who introduced her to hip-hop songs, pushed her to dance, and also bought her a bikini and miniskirt.
- In an interview, while talking about her interest in music, she said that she liked listening to music if she was backstage, from the wings, or in studios. She also said that she might not be a musician but she has always been the ears.
- In an interview, Ishitta once revealed that she and her family used to witness a lot of snakes in the house before they left it.
- Ishitta and her husband, Dhruv, practice yoga twice a week.
- She is fond of reading books, and often reads bedtime stories to her daughters.
- Ishitta loves baking cakes and muffins with her daughters.