K.P Singh is an Indian businessman and real estate baron. He is the chairman emeritus of the Delhi Land & Finance (DLF) real estate company.
Singh is widely known as one of the most successful and influential business leaders in the country. Singh is known for his pioneering role in transforming the Indian real estate market and taking DLF to the heights of success.
K.P Singh Bio
Kushal Pal Singh Tewatia was born on Sunday, 15 November 1931 (age 91 years; as of 2022) in Bulandshahr, United Provinces, British India (now in Uttar Pradesh, India). He attended a school in Bulandshahr.
Kushal Pal pursued a Bachelor of Science at Meerut College in Uttar Pradesh. Kushal later moved to the United Kingdom, where he studied aeronautical engineering.
|Years of service
|The Deccan Horse
Also read – Honey Rose Bio
- Received the Samman Patra Award for being one of the top taxpayers of Delhi by the Government of India in 2000
- Presented with a Special Award at the Indian of the Year function on 17 January 2008 in New Delhi by NDTV in recognition of his contribution towards the growth of the Indian economy
- Ranked as the richest real estate baron and the eighth richest person in the world with a net worth of USD 30 billion by Forbes in its March 2008 edition
- Conferred by the Government of India with the Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award in India, on 26 January 2010
- Honoured with the decoration of Officer of the Order of St. Charles, conferred by HSH Prince Albert II, in recognition of his valuable contribution as an Honorary Consul General of Monaco in Delhi for 20 years on 4 October 2010
- Received the ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ award at The Asian Awards event in 2011
- Recipient of the Delhi Ratna Award, conferred by the Government of India for his valuable contribution towards the city’s development
- Awarded an honorary doctorate by the G. B. Plant University of Agriculture (GBPUAT), Uttrakhand
- Honoured by various institutions including the Indian Business School, the Indian Institute of Management, and the Indian Institute of Technology for his achievements
|Date of Birth
|15 November 1931 (Sunday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Bulandshahr, United Provinces, British India (now in Uttar Pradesh, India)
|• British Indian (1931-1947)
• Indian (1947 – Present)
|He attended a school in Bulandshahr.
|• Meerut College, Uttar Pradesh
• Studied at a university in the United Kingdom
|• Bachelor of Science from Meerut College
• Pursued aeronautical engineering at a university in the United Kingdom
|Association with a Shell Corporation: In April 2016, K.P Singh, along with his family members including Rajiv Singh (son), Indira Singh (wife), and Pia Singh (daughter), was listed in the Panama Papers, a set of 11.5 million confidential documents created by the Panamanian corporate service provider Mossack Fonseca. As per reports, Kushal Pal was associated with a British Virgin Islands-registered offshore company, which was allegedly utilized for investing in real estate in London.
His father, Chaudhary Mukhtar Singh, was a reputed lawyer in Bulandshahr, United Provinces, British India (now in Uttar Pradesh, India).
Kushal Pal Singh was married to Indira Singh, the daughter of DLF founder Raghvendra Singh.
Kushal has three children, a son, Rajiv Singh (Vice Chairman of DLF), and two daughters, Renuka Talwar and Pia Singh (Non-Executive Director of DLF). Singh lost his wife in 2018 to cancer.
- K.P Singh is an Indian businessman and real estate tycoon who is widely known as the chairman emeritus of the Delhi Land & Finance (DLF) real estate company. He is a former Indian Army officer. Singh’s significant contribution to revolutionizing the Indian real estate industry and leading DLF towards unprecedented success has earned him a prominent status.
- When he was young, Kushal would often visit his uncle, who was in charge of the stables at the Viceregal Lodge (now Rashtrapati Bhavan) when the viceroy Lord Wavell walked in. Kushal used to take up rides on horses, and it was through his experience that he developed an interest in horseriding.
- After graduating from Meerut College, Uttar Pradesh, Kushal moved to England to pursue aeronautical engineering for which his father, Chaudhary Mukhtar Singh, took a huge debt without letting him know. In an interview, Kushal Pal talked about moving to England and revealed that as horseriding was very popular among high-class societies and since he was really good at it, he managed to fit into those elite-class societies in the United Kingdom.
- While studying aeronautical engineering in England, K. P. Singh met Julie, a young girl from an aristocratic family. Kushal struck up a connection with Julie while attending parties and spending time together quite frequently.
- K.P Singh enjoys playing golf and tennis and collecting art.
- In 2011, he wrote his autobiography titled ‘Whatever the Odds: The Incredible Story Behind DLF.’