Namrata Sharma is an Indian entrepreneur, celebrity fashion designer, couturier, and artist with global recognition. She has been passionate about revolutionizing the fashion industry and creating new trends. Namrata is a self-made entrepreneur who went from “ashes to glory.”
Namrata Sharma Bio
|Date of Birth||25 July 1988|
|Age (as of 2022)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|School||Somerville School, Delhi|
|College/University||National Institute of Fashion Technology|
|Educational Qualification||MSc in Fashion Technology|
|Hobbies||Reading Books, Music, Swimming, Mixed Martial Arts, Dancing, Travelling|
|Height||in centimeters– 161 cm|
in meters– 1.61 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 3”
|Weight||in kilograms– 57 kg|
in pounds– 125 lbs
Namrata’s mother, Madhu Sharma, who has a master’s degree in economics, began her career as a professor at Kamla Nehru College in New Delhi before becoming a businesswoman. Her father, the late Mintoo Sharma, was in the real estate business. Namrata has a younger brother named Udit Sharma and an elder sister named Manisha Sharma.
Namrata Sharma is unmarried and has no children.
Namrata Sharma began her business at a very young age. In 2009, she began her textile career with two machines and hand embroidery work. Beginning with the fundamental silhouettes, she finally carved a niche in the worldwide market. Under her first company, founded in 2009, she established herself as a successful female entrepreneur, and she ultimately began to extend her business internationally.
In 2018, she founded her eponymous label with Vincitore Lifestyle, established in the same year. Namrata Sharma became a co-founder of Vincitore Lifestyle, the flagship subsidiary company of Vincitore Group, and the creative director of Vincitore Lifestyle.
She later became an investor and a stakeholder of Vincitore Group, a unicorn company with a valuation of $ 3.14 billion, which laid the foundation in 2014.
Due to her hard work and determination towards her passion, she became a successful woman entrepreneur with a projected net worth of 25 million dollars (USD).
Namrata has represented India in numerous international exhibitions such as Sopriti, the international garment and textile fair, and Numaish Lifestyle in Dubai, UAE.
Her captivating collections, which include Fairytales, Wedding Syrup, and Jhalak, have been showcased in various regions of India including Delhi, Kolkata, Punjab, and Indore. Namrata’s innovative designs have garnered significant media attention. In 2018, she introduced drape silhouettes in Punjab.
Also read – Pradeep Uppoor Bio
- British Council’s Young Creative Entrepreneur (YCE) Award (2014)
- INFOCOM Women of the Year award (2017)
- Women Super Achiever Award (2018)
Her net worth is estimated at around US$25 million.
- Namrata Sharma is a well-known fashion designer and a successful businesswoman who runs her own business. She is a well-known and respected figure in the fashion world.
- In 2009, Namrata Sharma ventured into the textile industry and founded her first business, NS Couture.
- In 2010, she showcased her first collection at an exhibition organized by a corporate organization following which she got an opportunity to expand her business by taking large orders of corporate uniforms, allowing her to tap into a new market and increase her customer base.
- Namrata Sharma pursued a master’s degree at the National Institute of Fashion Technology in Delhi in 2011.
- While studying at the institute, she participated in several shows, displaying her creativity and talents in the field of fashion.
- In 2015, she showcased her collection during Handloom Week, which was organized by the Ministry of Textiles.
- She was selected as the sole designer to collaborate with Vogue and IBM for creating the first-ever garment designed using artificial intelligence.
- Namrata Sharma co-founded Vincitore Lifestyle in 2018, which is a flagship subsidiary company of the Vincitore Group, and became its creative director. She later became associated with the unicorn company Vincitore Group, which was established in 2014 and has a market value of $3.14 billion, as an investor and shareholder.
- While working at Vincitore Group, she served as a market curator for both the Middle East and Eastern Asia, constantly expanding her knowledge and expertise. Namrata seizes every opportunity that comes her way to further broaden her experiences.
- In 2018, she collaborated with Rand in London, UK, to initiate indirect exports to the UK, USA, Canada, and UAE, reaching out to both direct clients and overseas buyers. In the same year, Namrata Sharma participated in numerous fashion shows across India and overseas, including Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Qatar.
- Namrata Sharma was among the designers who took part in the Heyers Fashion Festival held in Paris, which was organized as part of the Paris Fashion Week event.
- She stands as one of the designers who were invited to showcase their designs at the Heyers Fashion Festival in Paris, which was organized by Paris Fashion Week.
- Namrata was once invited by the Department of Tourism to showcase her collection at an international event organized by Vancouver Fashion Week.
- In an interview, Namrata Sharma said that she feels “fashion is a statement, an expression of self.” According to her, influential individuals are recognized for transforming their challenging pasts into fantastic futures.
- Namrata has a diverse range of hobbies and interests, including dancing, swimming, running, and practising Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). She likes watching documentaries on historic art and culture. Discovering new locations and spending time in nature are two of the primary sources of her motivation.
- She once conveyed her affection for the art of bridal couture, mentioning that she takes pleasure in designing outfits for brides and assisting them in curating their trousseaus.
- Namrata’s published works include books titled ‘Fashion a Statement, an Expression to Oneself,’ ‘An Age of Rapid Fashion,’ and ‘A Journey of a Brand from Ashes to Glory.