Rajesh Gopinathan is an Indian businessman and former CEO and Managing Director of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), an Indian IT services and consulting organization and one of the country’s largest employers. After serving as Chief Financial Officer since 2013, he was promoted to Chief Executive in February 2017.
Rajesh Gopinathan Bio
Rajesh Gopinathan was born in 1971 in Thrissur, Kerala. He grew up in Lucknow where he did his schooling at St. Mary’s Convent Inter College. Later, he attended St. Francis’ College in Lucknow.
In 1994, he graduated with an Electrical and Electronics Engineering degree from the National Institute of Technology in Tiruchirappalli (formerly Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli). In 1996, he earned a post-graduate diploma in management, which was equivalent to an MBA degree, from the Indian Institute of Management in Ahmedabad.
|Hair colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Eyes Colour||Dark Brown|
His wife, Lekshmi, is an architect who is a PhD degree holder from IIT-Bombay. They have a daughter named Malini and a son named Anirudh.
In 1996, Rajesh Gopinathan joined the Tata Strategic Management Group and worked on assignments with various Tata companies. In 2001, he joined Tata Consultancy Services from Tata Industries in the United States. In the following years, he received several promotions and was involved in the design, structure, and implementation of the new organizational structure and operating model of the company.
As the vice president of Business Finance, he was in charge of overseeing the finances of each of the company’s divisions. In 2013, he became the chief financial officer of Tata Consultancy Services.
After four years, he was appointed as the chief executive officer in February 2017. At the end of the fiscal year 2020, Rajesh significantly contributed to TCS becoming a 22 billion-dollar worldwide enterprise. His tenure as the CEO is said to take effect on 15 September 2023 and with effect from 16 March 2023, Krithi Krithivasan, the organization’s president and worldwide head of the banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI) sector, took over as the CEO.
Also read – Diya Kumari Bio
- 2014: Young Alumni Achiever’s Award by Corporate Leader Category Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- 2018: Best CEO by Institutional Investor’s 2018 All Asia Executive Team Rankings
- 2019: CEO Force for Good Award by Chief Executive for Corporate Purposes
- 2019: Management Man of the Year by the 40th Bombay Management Association Corporate Leadership and Academic Awards
- 2020: Outstanding Business Leader of the Year by CNBC TV18 India Business Leader Awards (IBLA)
- 2021: India’s Best CEO in the category of Super large companies by Business Today (India)
The overall compensation for Gopinathan for the fiscal year 2021–2022 increased by 26.6% to Rs. 25.75 crores. It included a salary of Rs. 1.5 crore, Rs. 2.25 crore in benefits and allowances, and Rs. 22 crores in total commission (from earnings).
- Rajesh enjoys taking long strolls, reading, travelling, and watching movies.
- While addressing his resignation, Rajesh Gopinathan said in an interview that he wishes to pursue other interests.