Rama Rajamouli is an Indian film costume designer and film wardrobe stylist who predominantly designs costumes for Telugu films. She is the wife of a well-known Indian film director and screenwriter S. S. Rajamouli.
Rama Rajamouli Bio
|Date of Birth||10 October 1973|
|Age (as of 2022)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Raichur, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Kovvur, West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|College||C.R. Reddy College of Engineering, Eluru, Andhra Pradesh|
|Debut||Film Debut: Sye (Telugu, 2004), Eega (Tamil, 2012)|
Film Directorial Debut: Student No.1 (Telugu, 2001), Eega (Tamil, 2012)
TV Directorial Debut: Shanti Nivasam (Telugu)
|Awards||• Best Director award at the 2022 New York Film Critics Circle for his film “RRR” |
• Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song for the track “Naatu Naatu” from the Telugu film RRR (2022) at the 80th Golden Globes.
• In January 2023, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences released a list of 301 feature films eligible for Oscars including SS Rajamouli’s RRR.
• On 15 January 2023, his film RRR won two awards at the 28th annual Critics Choice Awards at The Fairmont Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles. The film was nominated in five categories at the CCA — Best Picture, Best Director (Rajamouli), Best Foreign Language film, Best Visual Effects (V. Srinivas Mohan) and Best Song (‘Naatu Naatu’), and it won Best Foreign Language Film and Best Song for “Naatu Naatu.”
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 177 cm|
in meters- 1.77 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9½”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg|
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||Chest: 41 Inches|
Waist: 34 Inches
Biceps: 12 Inches
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
Rama Rajamouli is a Kamma.
There is not much information about her parents. She has an elder sister, M. M. Srivalli, a film line producer, who is married to Indian singer, composer, and lyricist M. M. Keeravani.
Rama Rajamouli is married twice. There is not much information about his first husband. Together, the couple has a son, S. S. Karthikeya, who is a businessman. In addition to it, Karthikeya also assisted his stepfather S. S. Rajamouli in directing films. In 2000, Rama divorced her first husband.
Reportedly, during the divorce proceedings, S. S. Rajamouli supported Rama in every possible way following which they developed feelings for each other, and eventually, in 2001, Rama got married to S. S. Rajamaouli in an intimate wedding ceremony in court. Together, they adopted a girl named S. S. Mayookha.
Rama’s son, Karthikeya is married to Pooja Prasad, a singer, who is the niece of Telugu actor Jagapathi Babu.
Rama’s father-in-law, V. Vijayendra Prasad, is a screenwriter and film director. Her mother-in-law, Raja Nandini, was a homemaker, who passed away on 20 October 2012.
Also read – Vaibhav Reddy Bio
- S.S. Rajamouli is the son of famous director & screenwriter Koduri Venkata Vijayendra Prasad.
- Initially, he worked as an assistant to famous director K. Raghavendra Rao.
- He also worked in AVM recording theater.
- He got his first break as a director with the Telugu serial Shanti Nivasam under the assistance of K. Raghavendra Rao.
- He wrote the screenplay of many notable films like Simhadri (2003), Sye (2004), Vikramarkudu (2006), Baahubali: The Beginning (2015), etc.
- He also produced the Telugu film Andala Rakshasi (2012).
- In 2012, he garnered the Star World India Entertainer of the Year award.
- In 2015, his film Baahubali: The Beginning became the highest grossing Indian film in India and became the second highest grossing Indian film globally.
- He won several awards for the movie Baahubali: The Beginning (2015) such as National Film Award for Best Feature Film and 1st IIFA Utsavam & CineMAA Award for Best Director.
- In 2016, he was awarded the Padma Shri for his contributions towards the field of art.
- In October 2022, his period epic RRR was awarded the prestigious Saturn Award in the Best International Film category.