Atulya Kaushik is an Indian entrepreneur. He is the founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of PrepInsta, an OTT-based platform for education.
Atulya Kaushik Bio
|Date of Birth
|27 May 1995 (Saturday)
|Age (as of 2023)
|Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
|Dayawati Modi Academy
|Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore, Tamil Nadu
|B.Tech in Computer Science
|Reading books, esports
|in centimeters– 185 cm
in meters– 1.85 m
in feet & inches– 6’ 1”
|in kilograms– 88 kg
in pounds– 194 lbs
His father’s name is Neeraj Kaushik, and his mother’s name is Varsha Kaushik. Atulya has a brother named Shaurya Kaushik.
Atulya Kaushik got married to Kajol Arora on 19 June 2020. He has a son named Eklavya Kaushik.
Atulya Kaushik dated Kajol Arora for a long period of time before getting married to her in 2020. Atulya Kaushik follows Hinduism.
|Awards, Honours, Achievements
|• Chancellor’s award in Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) (2016)
• Winner of BW Disruptive 30 Under 30 (2022)
• Forbes 30 under 30 (2023)
|Zero to One
|George R. R. Martin
|Fat Lulu, Big Chill
|The Perks of Being a Wallflower
|Ratan Tata, Steve Jobs
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee
In 2022, Atulya Kaushik’s net worth was estimated to be US$50 million.
Also read – Chikki Panday Bio
- Atulya Kaushik is an Indian entrepreneur. He is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and founder of PrepInsta, an OTT-based platform for education.
- Despite his humble background, Atulya was determined to establish his own business from a young age; however, founding a startup proved to be a challenging endeavour for him. Nevertheless, his unwavering determination motivated him to work hard during his college placement days. His hard work paid off when he secured the highest number of placements with the highest package of the batch, bringing him one step closer to achieving his dream.
- After completing internships at various companies, Atulya joined Google as a Software Development Engineer (SDE) in 2015.
- In 2016, he joined Instamojo as the Head of Partnerships and Alliances.
- During his stint at a startup, Atulya faced the brunt of a funding crunch that resulted in a significant layoff of almost 50% of the workforce. The experience left him feeling uneasy about his job security despite having secured the highest package in his batch. Nevertheless, this ironic twist reignited his entrepreneurial spirit, providing him with renewed clarity and focus on his vision for the future.
- Atulya made a shrewd investment in July 2017 when he purchased the domain ‘prepinsta.com’ for just Rs 99 (approximately 1.21 USD). Remarkably, this has been the only expense incurred by the company to date. Interestingly, PrepInsta even generated revenue on its first day of operation.
- Atulya has been invited to speak at numerous talk shows including ‘Josh Talks.’
- As Atulya’s vision began to take shape, he recognized the need for additional support in the form of co-founders. He invited his friends Aashay Mishra and Manish Agarwal to join him as co-founders of the company PrepInsta. What had initially been a passion project soon transformed into a viable business opportunity, prompting the three individuals to leave their full-time employment and set up an office for their startup in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
- From the very beginning, Atulya has been dedicated to his vision of educating and upskilling the youth of India to help them land high-paying jobs at their dream companies, utilizing the best available resources in the market at an affordable price. To take his vision forward, Atulya and his team launched PrepInsta Prime, the first-ever OTT platform dedicated to placements and upskilling, on 7 July 2021.
- PrepInsta Prime has revolutionized the way students approach placement. With a look and feel similar to popular streaming services, the platform has significantly increased user engagement. To date, PrepInsta has helped numerous graduates land positions at their dream companies. It’s incredible to think that this company began with just a total investment of Rs.99, and now, as of March 2023, has a net worth of INR 200 Cr. With a team of over 1000 employees, PrepInsta continues to grow and make an impact in the education and job placement industry.