Harsh Gujral is an Indian stand-up comedian and YouTuber. He came into the limelight for performing in different cities in India and abroad with his comedy show “Jo Bolta Hai, Wohi Hota Hai.”
Harsh Gujral Bio
Harshdeep Gujral was born on Friday, 17 September 1993 (age 29 years; as of 2022) in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.
His zodiac sign is Virgo. Harsh completed his schooling at St. Joseph’s Senior Secondary School in Kanpur. He pursued engineering at Inderprastha Engineering College in Uttar Pradesh.
Harsh Gujral belongs to a Punjabi family.
Harsh’s father, B L Gujral, is a lawyer. His mother, Savita Gujral, is a homemaker.
Harsh has three elder sisters, Pooja Gujral, Aarti Gujral, and Deepti Gujral. Harsh Gujral is unmarried.
After completing his engineering, in 2012, Harsh started his career with the company RateGain in Noida as a database engineer with a monthly salary of Rs 13000.
Later, he worked in a few multinational companies like HCL, IBM, and TCS. Along with the corporate job, Harsh used to perform in open mic shows and comedy gigs.
While working in a company, Harsh was asked to relocate to London for a year to perform in some comedy shows.
After coming back from London, Harsh hosted his company’s fest in India following which he got inclined towards doing crowd work comedy.
Consequently, he quit his job to pursue his career as a full-time comedian. To begin with, he started performing comedy gigs at the comedy club Canvas Laugh Club.
Additionally, he started performing in various cities in India with his comedy show titled “Jo Bolta Hai, Wohi Hota Hai.”
Along with performing in a few comedy clubs, Harsh created a self-titled YouTube channel, where he posted various comedy videos; the channel has more than 1 million subscribers.
In 2019, Harsh uploaded the first video on his YouTube channel titled “Indian Reality Shows,” which became a massive hit as the video amassed 1 million views within four days of its release.
His other famous YouTube comedy videos include Shaadi Ke Rasmein (2019), Kanpur & River Ganga (2020), and Sasta Vicky Kaushal (2020).
His video, Shadi Ki Rasmein, garnered over 21 million views on YouTube. In 2021, he collaborated with the stand-up comedian Anubhav Singh Bassi for the video titled Harsh & Bassi Unleashed; the video garnered around 28 million views on YouTube.
In February 2022, Harsh Gujral made his television debut with the comedy show Good Night India on Sony SAB.
In March 2023, he appeared in an episode of the comedy talk show The Kapil Sharma Show on Sony TV.
- Harsh is fondly called Harru, Harshu, Haria, and Harshit by friends and family members.
- Harsh is often referred to as “Sasta Vicky Kaushal” and “Garibo Ke Vicky Kaushal” due to his resemblance with the Indian actor Vicky Kaushal.
- Harsh has a pet dog, Oreo, and he often shares pictures of his pet on social media.
- Harsh was invited to do commentary on a match during the Indian Premier League 2021 on Disney+ Hotstar.
- On 23 May 2022, the Indian actor Ayushmann Khurrana made his stand-up comedy debut with Harsh Gujral in the video titled Stand Up for Anek on YouTube.
- Harsh is well-known for sharing a cordial relationship with the Indian stand-up comedian Anubhav Singh Bassi.
- Harsh is fond of playing cricket.
- In an interview, on being asked about his inspiration towards pursuing comedy as a career, Harsh stated that he was immensely inspired by the Indian stand-up comedian and actor Kapil Sharma.
- In June 2022, Harsh performed for around 1600 people at the Sirifort Auditorium, New Delhi.
- Apart from performing in India, Harsh has performed in various other countries like Australia, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, etc.
- Harsh has more than 1 million followers on his Instagram handle.