Vaibhav Reddy is an Indian actor who primarily works in the South Indian entertainment industry. He is known for playing the role of Sumanth in the Tamil-language film Mankatha.
Vaibhav Reddy Bio
Sumanth Reddy was born on 21 April 1980 (age 43 years; as of 2023) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He did his schooling at the Cambridge Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Chennai, Tamil Nadu and at St. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai. Fascinated by acting since childhood, Vaibhav often participated in various cultural functions at his school.
Vaibhav Reddy belongs to a Telugu-speaking family in Chennai. Vaibhav Reddy’s father, A. Kodandarami Reddy, is a Telugu film director. His mother’s name is Bharathi.
Vaibhav’s elder brother, Sunil Reddy, is an actor. Vaibhav Reddy’s wife, Sadhvi RS, is an entrepreneur and event organiser. He belongs to the Reddy caste.
In 2007, Vaibhav made his acting debut with his father, A. Kodandarami Reddy’s directed Telugu-language film Godava opposite Shraddha Arya in which he played the role of Balu; however, the film didn’t go well at the box office.
In 2008, he made his Tamil debut with the film Saroja in which he played the role of Raja Babu. Subsequently, in 2010, he played supporting roles in two Tamil language films, Goa and Easan. Subsequently, in 2015, Vaibhav worked in various Tamil films like Bramman, Damaal Dumeel, and Kappal.
In 2016, Vaibhav made guest appearances in many Tamil films like Aranmanai 2, Hello Naan Pei Pesuren, Iraivi, Muthina Kathirika, and Chennai 600028 II. In 2019 he worked in the film RK Nagar in which he played the role of Shankar; the Tamil film was released on Netflix. In 2022, he worked in the Tamil film Buffoon in which he played the role of Kumaran.
In 2021, he made his digital debut with the Disney+ Hotstar web series Live Telecast, wherein he played the role of Shekhar.
In 2023, he appeared in the lead role in the SonyLIV series Accidental Farmer & Co.
Also read – Harsh Gujral Bio
In 2019, Goundamani, an actor and comedian, served a legal notice to Chachi’s directorial debut Sixer, which starred Vaibhav Reddy in a lead role. According to the notice, the Tamil film Sixer used Goundamani’s photograph in one of the scenes of the film and copied a dialogue from Goundamani’s film Chinna Thambi (1991). The notice blamed the filmmakers of Sixer for using Goundamni’s photograph and dialogues without his consent.
- In an interview, Vaibhav talked about his Tamil film Sixer (2019), wherein he played the role of Aadhi who was diagnosed with nyctalopia (night blindness). During the same discussion, Vaibhav said that to make the role more authentic, the director advised him to shoot a few sequences of the film with his eyes closed.
- In an interview, Vaibhav mentioned South Indian actress Trisha Krishnan as his ‘all Time crush.
- Venkat Prabhu, a south Indian director, is his childhood friend and mentor. Vaibhav made his Tamil debut with Venkat’s film Saroja (2008).
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions. In an Instagram post, he shared that his favourite beer is Hoegaarden.
- In an interview, Vaibhav said that he wanted to work with popular south Indian directors Mani Ratnam and Karthik Subbara.