Supriya Paul is the co-founder of Josh Talks, a platform that aims to inspire, educate, and empower individuals through the medium of storytelling.
With a mission to make high-quality education and career opportunities accessible to everyone, Josh Talks hosts events and produces videos featuring inspiring stories from successful individuals and thought leaders from a variety of fields.
Through its content, Josh Talks aims to motivate and support individuals in pursuing their passions and achieving their goals.
Supriya Paul is the co-founder of Josh Talks, a platform for education and empowerment through storytelling. She is an entrepreneur and social impact leader with a passion for using technology and media to drive positive change.
Prior to starting Josh Talks, Supriya worked in business development and marketing roles at companies such as Google and Flipkart.
She holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Delhi College of Engineering and an MBA from the Indian School of Business. In her free time, Supriya enjoys traveling and exploring new cultures.
Supriya Paul Bio/Wiki
|Full Name||Supriya Paul|
|Profession||Co-founder of Josh Talks, entrepreneur, social impact leader|
Supriya Paul Personal Life
|Date of Birth||Thursday, 16 September 1993|
|Age (as of 2023)||30 Years|
|College/University||The Shri Ram School, Aravali in commerce (2001-2011)|
She completed her formal education in Bachelors of Commerce (Honours) (2011 – 2014) at Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi.
|Educational Qualification||She completed the LEAD Executive Education program at Stanford University in 2022.|
Besides this, she has studied classical music for 13 years.
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian, Favorite dishes-biryani|
Supriya Paul Relationships
Supriya Paul is unmarried.
Supriya Paul Family Information
Not much is known about Supriya’s parents. Her father’s name is not known but her mother’s name is Preeti S Paul. She has an elder brother Raghav Paul (Transfer Pricing Manager at EY.)
Supriya Paul Career
- Josh Talks, a website for storytelling-based education and empowerment, was co-founded by Supriya Paul. She has experience working for firms like Google and Flipkart and has a background in business development and marketing.
- Supriya’s current responsibilities at Josh Talks include managing the company’s operations and content strategy as well as guiding the company’s growth and expansion.
- She also contributes to the creation of Josh Talks’ social impact programmes, which work to open up chances for high-quality education and employment to people from all walks of life.
- Supriya and her partner Shobhit Banga founded the company Josh Talks in 2015 and started with only one YouTube Hindi channel in October 2017.
- They slowly expanded to 9 other languages including Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Marathi, Punjabi, Odia, Kannada, and English. Since then, Josh Talks has amassed more than 8.9M subscribers.
- The platform has also released over 2,500 online talks as well as conducted more than 1500 offline events and workshops.
- Besides Josh Talks, she is a co-founder of TripMegaMart, an IT company that provides websites and agents to companies aiming to start a travel business, a Mentor at Founder Institute, a Mentor of Change at Atal Innovation Mission, and an Advisory Panel at Women Economic Forum.
- Supriya has also written a book, All You Need Is Josh: Stories of Courage and Conviction in 21st-century India which displays 30 inspiring stories from around the world.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Startup of the Year (EduTech) – MeitY-NASSCOM Women Entrepreneur Awards 2021
- Woman Entrepreneur of the Year – Amazon Smbhav Awards 2021
- Forbes India’s Women Power List 2020
- Social Samosa Super Women 2020
- Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia 2018
- Most Influential Youth Marketing Leader – World Brand Congress 2018
- Best Content Creation – SheThePeople Digital Women Award 2017
- Iconic Women Creating a Better World for all – WEF 2017
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Women in Business Award 2017
Interesting Facts About Jayanti Chauhan
Interesting Facts About Supriya Paul
One of her inspirations was her father who told her that there is no place for mediocrity when she was just 13 years old.
She kept his words in his mind ever since and wanted to create something irreplaceable. This also helped her in many other aspects of life.
“Josh Talks” has been awarded the National Media Award by President Ramnath Kovind.
It has also been named one of 2018’s Top 100 startups by Economic Times and Sutra HR.
Although Josh Talks has recorded more than 4000 stories of people she decided to pick the top 30 most viewed stories on YouTube for the compilation of her book.
Supriya believes that her first major failure was when she was 17 years old and could not get into her dream college, Shri Ram College of Commerce.
However, later on, she felt that it was pointless to be fixated on her failures as they are only part of the journey.
She also launched Josh Skill App which offered short-term and affordable courses to help people develop the necessary skills to further their profession. The app has more than 1.5M downloads and 150,000 paid users.
The release date of her book was right before the pandemic started. However, it didn’t deter the publishing date and she went ahead with it. She also said that the royalty from the book would be donated to COVID relief funds in India.
Supriya has been a speaker at the Women Economic Forum Conference 2019, Singapore, FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO), G.A.M.E Annual Convening 2019, Reputation Today, and Tedx, amongst others.
Supriya has compared Josh Talks to the TEDx college version and ‘bade bhaiya’ (elder brother.)
She has interned with Outlook Magazine, Ogilvy & Mather, and has done volunteer projects for TERI.
Supriya is not just one of the good friends with Ankur Warikoo, a YouTube content creator and entrepreneur, but he often participates in Josh Talks too.
Supriya loves animals and even has a golden retriever as a pet, Theo. Earlier, she also had a pomeranian dog who died in 2015.