The Cowin Portal was launched by the Government of India on 16th January, 2021 to make the process of vaccination easier to 1.3 Billion people so that there would be no trouble for people to get their slots booked for vaccination against COVID-19.
Covid-19 is an infectious disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus which affects all category of people including young and old.
The best way to protect ourselves is by getting vaccinated and maintains social distancing.
Therefore to allow people with speedy access of the vaccination, Cowin Portal was introduced. The services of the portal would be only available to the citizens of India.
The portal is available in all vernacular languages like English, Hindi, Marathi, Malayalam, Bengali, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, etc so that people from every region would find it easier to use this website.
Indian Government started the vaccine campaign with Covishield introduced by the Serum Institute of India and Covaxin developed by Bharat Biotech.
The portal has been started so that to protect people and also for easy access to vaccination in remote places also.
Many other countries have also contacted India for sharing their software of Cowin portal so as to build a replica in their own country.
Process for Cowin registration
In our fight against COVID-19, Government has introduced the Cowin Portal so as make the vaccination drive reach everywhere and therefore no one is deprived of it.
The vaccination dose in today’s world is meant to not only save yourself but also other people around you from the deadly virus.
Therefore the Government had to make sure that the portal must be easily accessed by every people.
Thus the Government introduced the Cowin Portal which has been key to the success of the successful vaccination drive across India.
Here we are explaining the steps for Cowin registration in the Portal.
- At first you have go to their website by clicking on [email protected] and after which you have to click on Register/Login option.
- You have to enter your mobile number to start the registration process. An OTP will come to your mobile for verification. After entering OTP, the verification process is complete.
- Then you have to give your ID Proof number and other details like your name, gender, DOB, etc. for completing the process of registration.
- You can register for 3 persons by clicking on Add more option and fill out the required details and click again on add option.
- Once the member is added, you will get a confirmation message and the member will be added your account.
Also read – CDC Mask Guidelines Latest Update of Mask Rules
Documents required for Cowin registration
You can register for Co-WIN portal using any of the following documents:
- Aadhaar card
- Driving License
- PAN card
- Pension Passbook
- NPR Smart Card
- Voter ID Card (EPIC)
For deleting members in the Co-WIN Portal:
- After opening the Cowin portal, you have to click on Account Details
- In the account details option, you will be able to delete the member by clicking on the delete option in front of the name of the member.
Process for Registering Vaccine slot in the Co-WIN Portal
- First you have to open the Cowin portal website and enter your registered phone number. An OTP will send to your mobile number and after filling the OTP, you will be logged in.
- Then click on Account Details and fill the required details of the member to be vaccinated.
- After filling out the details, click on the ‘schedule’ option to book your appointment.
- Then you can search and book the nearest hospital where you want to get vaccinated by PIN Code and District.
- After selecting the nearest hospital, you have to select the date and time available in the portal.
- After selecting the time slot, you need to click on the confirm option to finalize your vaccination slot and your slot is booked.
Process for downloading Vaccination Certificate
In today’s world, one has to keep their Cowin certificate while travelling to places outside their state or country so as to show that they have been vaccinated.
Therefore by the following few steps you can download your vaccination certificate in Cowin.gov.in certificate download:
- You have to at first open the official website of Cowin portal and sign into your account by the help of your registered number as Cowin certificate download by mobile number is only possible with the registered phone number.
- Then you have to click on the certificate tab and then click on Cowin vaccine certificate download button to get your Cowin certificate.
Apps Associated with the Cowin Portal
Arogya Setu was developed by the Government of India so as to help people connect with essential health services so as to help the people with their fight against COVID-19.
The App is aimed at developing the initiatives of the Government of India, especially in the Department of Health.
The app also gives the user awareness about the risks, best practices and relevant advisories relating to the containment of COVID-19.
You can also book your vaccination dose through the Cowin.gov.in app and also download your vaccination certificate.
Cowin portal has been tremendous in the success of the Cowin vaccine drive. Most of the people around India has been vaccinated and now looking forward to booster dose.
It has make things easier for a normal person to get the vaccination dose without standing in queue as they can choose the date of vaccination as per their preference.
The Cowin portal is also a boon for other countries as India has not acquired the intellectual property rights so that other countries can also use this orderly and transparent vaccination program.
Till date, in India 1,78,71,92,829 vaccination dose has been successfully given through the Cowin portal which in itself a bigger achievement in the fight against COVID-19.